Saturday, October 3, 2009

Honesty & Integrity mean everything...

I haven't been reborning long, but one thing I've learned is that honesty & integrity comes from within. It's not anything you can learn. It's bred in you. These last few weeks have been difficult to say the least for me & my dear friend & mentor Cindy of Cindy's Reborn Nursery. Cindy has been in the reborn community for well over 4 years. She's an AMAZING artist & has taught me EVERYTHING she knows. A couple weeks ago, people accused her of "copying" my Michelle reborn. People told her that SHE paints like ME.. It hurt her & it definitely hurt me because she's been so kind & generous to teach me every single thing she knows. She did this without expecting ANYTHING in return. She made an entry about it on her blog here. In all honesty, our babies look NOTHING alike, but because we both do AA babies, I guess people tend to say they look alike. I just have to say that I'm HONORED to be compared to such a brilliant Artist, but I wanted it to be known that it is ME who strives to be like her. I am so thankful to have met her & to call her one of my very good friends.

Here's her GORGEOUS little man!



Here's my lil girl



I also wanted to talk about being HONEST in the reborn world. This world is so small that everything can & WILL come back to haunt you. So be good to others, have INTEGRITY in your work & stand behind your work. Make sure that the baby you sell represents what the baby really looks like, be kind to your customers & invite them to tell you when they're not satisfied and LISTEN to their concerns with open ears. Be kind to others, you don't have to knock someone down in order to succeed. Kindness goes a long ways. Also, always tell the truth. If you make a mistake, admit to it. WE ALL MAKE THEM..its just a matter of learning from them.

Be blessed everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment