Sunday, October 4, 2009

AARAG CLOSED....

Kay has decided to close the AA Guild. Not because of admitting wrong doing but because she's trying to protect everyone associated with AARAG. I admit that I suggested maybe closing the guild would be best if everyone was going rogue & down each other's throat about what happened. Maybe I spoke out of emotion for what was going on & I apologize. I hope we can find some resolution to everyone who still wants to keep in touch. We had such a diverse & AMAZING group of ladies there.

Kay taught me everything she could. She unselfishly opened the guild to try & teach me about reborning & I'll never forget it.

By the time I started reborning BN had long retired *or so I heard*... I remember seeing one of her babies posted by Lisa & I was blown away! I couldn't BELIEVE someone could make a doll look so beautiful! She's such a talented woman. I 100% agree that NOBODY should steal another person's work & claim as their own. This is not only unethical, but devastating to our very small community. BN is swearing this is her photo & I believe she truly thinks it is. My dear friend Cindy has explained that BN does not go off on tangents without reason. My beautiful mentor Kay is also standing her ground that she didnt' steal ANYTHING from BN which has led us to where we are today...

Here's why I'm angry... members have felt the need to disassociate themselves with the AARAG Guild because of these reasons:

The accusations trickled down from Kay to everybody else on the AARAG Guild which was totally unfair. Comments such as "THESE NEW ARTIST" will do anything & so forth were insulting! I for one will NOT do anything for a sale!! I work hard!! Accusations of SHILL BILLING OR BIDDING or whatever you call it was thrown out. I for one have only sold 4 babies on eBay & 2 of them were BIN!! I can understand speaking out of anger but it affected ALL of us who wore our AARAG logo proudly!!! Accusations of "stealing" names was offensive to me. Heck, it takes me FOREVER to find a name for my baby & I always ask "does she look like such & such"....I can't count how many times after I've named a baby that someone has said "I have a niece named that" or "my daughter's name is that". Is it really that serious where we're being petty about NAMES?

I think its totally unfair how the accusations have trickled down to the rest of us of AARAG! We were a small group of ladies who just wanted to learn how to make beautiful AA babies. The rest of us should not have been tarnished over this and THIS is why I'm upset this morning!

I've gotten some very supportive emails also of members wanted to keep in touch. Hopefully we can find a way to communicate. In the meantime, most of you know where you can find me or even OFFER suggestions of what you think we should do to keep our group together.

I wish Kay & Brooke Nicole the very best & my heart truly aches for BOTH of you this morning. All I can say is stay strong & ALWAYS do the RIGHT thing..even when it hurts.

I love you all & miss you already!!

Be blessed

2 comments:

  1. This is very sad that everyone has been affected by this.I think you have clearly stated how most of us feel.However this ends up between Kay and Brooke,should'nt stop the rest of us from doing what we love.

    I feel i have lost all my sisters in AARAG, but maybe we can have a place to continue what had turned out to be the best place to learn how to reborn AA dolls.(hint, hint)lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I am so in the dark. I had no idea that all this had come about and who was involved. I thought we were doing what we loved and making dolls for the collectors. I had no idea that we cared what other people thought of us. It's sad that such as small group making AA babies and making an impact was thrust into such turmoil over hearsay and speculation. I personally could care less what anyone thought and would still have worn my logo proudly. I will still sell on ebay and will NOT give any of those hater any attention. They can't and wont keep me down. I have faith in me.
    with love mochabella

    ReplyDelete