Saturday, October 3, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...what needles should you use?

Ok, so I took this information from RAD an amazing Guild that I belong to. These ladies are VERY helpful & gave me permission to share. Some of you have already seen this information & thanks so much for your input on this particular thread because it helped me so much!

This part was written by Tina Marie of Heavens Garden of Angels.

"Help with choosing needles

38# Fine
40# Very fine
42# Super fine
43# Extremley fine
46# Almost Invisible! ( VERY fragile, you have to have a HOT head to root ) ~Deb can give more info on these as she's tried them~

Star.... (the stem is a cross formation with 2 barbs to each face randomly placed = 8 barbs )
Crown ..( the stem is a triangular formation with 3 barbs all at the same level 1/4" from the tip )
Fork.....( Round stem with a groove at the tip )
3 Barb..(Triangular stem formation and randomly placed one barb to each face = 3 barbs )
1 Barb...(Triangular formation and one barb placed 1/4" from the tip = 1 barb )


Tinkerbell is the only source that carries the 46G & Star needles

46 crown needles sold in packs of 10
"The barbs all in the same area near to the tip of the needle.
THESE NEEDLES ARE SUPER STRONG THEY WILL BEND RATHER THAN BREAK AND YOU CAN BEND THEM BACK GENTLY WITH OUT THEM SNAPPING OFF. THEY HAVE ONLY 3 BARBS AND ARE GREAT FOR FOR ULTRA MICRO ROOTING"

http://www.tinkerbellcreations.co.uk/46-crown-extra-strong-2264-p.asp


42g Star needles
Sold in quantities of 10
http://www.tinkerbellcreations.co.uk/42-star-extra-strong-714-p.asp


Hope the links work! I'm adventurous, so I'm going to try them.

So...have you decided which needles YOU would prefer? I still have my favorite...The steady 42 gauge 1 barb. I can't for the life of me get the forked needles to work & the others I don't particularly like. But its a PREFERENCE... So..be adventurous & make your OWN decision. What works for you, may not work for another.

Be blessed & happy rooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment